In this episode, I talk with Rachel Spencer, the PR genius behind Publicity for Pet Businesses, about how to get your pet business in the media.
As a pet business owner, it can often seem daunting trying to figure out where to best spend your time to get the word out about what you’re up to. Rachel is an expert at figuring out not only where you want to be featured, but also how to reach out to them and what to say to get them interested in your story.
Rachel shares with us some valuable info on why pet businesses want to be in the press and which types of media you may want to go after. She also tells us the key things every pet business owner should know and the most common mistakes you can avoid when pitching yourself to the press.
Listen To The Episode
- Why should pet businesses want to be in the press?
- Is press coverage still relevant in a world of blogs and social media?
- Which types of press are the most valuable to be in?
- What should every pet business owner know about getting in the press?
- What are the biggest mistakes pet business owners make when trying to get press coverage?
Where to Find Rachel:
- Website: https://publicityforpetbusinesses.co.uk/
- Instagram: @rachelspenceruk
- Facebook: @rachelspenceruk
- Twitter: @rachelspenceruk
- LinkedIn: @rachelspenceruk
Rachel’s Free Resources
If you like what you hear in this episode, I encourage you to check out Rachel’s website for more great resources.
Rachel’s Facebook Group
Join me and thousands of other pet industry professionals in Rachel’s free Facebook group, the Publicity for Pet Businesses Community with Rachel Spencer.
Help A Reporter Out
In this episode we discussed HARO, a wonderful resource where journalists ask for help from people who may have interesting stories to tell.
Want more pet marketing tips?
Please subscribe and leave a review!
You can find new episodes of the Pet Marketing Podcast wherever you get your podcasts. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any juicy pet marketing advice.
Want to help more pet industry professionals find this podcast? The best way to do that is to leave a review! Please take a moment to leave a review through iTunes and let me know what you think of the show.
The more reviews there are, the more people can discover the show when they’re browsing for new podcasts.